An Historic Figure that Changed our History
A man that has affected, influence all humanity and history in such a way that the calendar was changed and divided into B.C and A.D.
The purpose of this informative is to give a balanced view of this historical influential figure, a man named Jesus Christ.
I have been a student of the life of Jesus for several years and would like to share the information with others. It’s my greatest passion.
I am going to share three perspectives of Jesus: the historical view, the traditional religious view and the view from sacred text.
First, let’s start with the historic view of Jesus.
Flavius Josephus is a Romano-Jewish scholar, historian.
- Josephus was born four years after the death of Jesus, in his eighteen book of his Antiquities, when he was writing the history of what happened under Pilate, makes mention of Jesus “Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a men; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as had a veneration for truth.” And when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross.”
- Jesus was a wise men
- He was a doer of wonderful works
- A teacher of truth
- Pilate Jesus to death on the cross after the Jewish people (principal men) condemned Him.
Roman historian, Greek satirist and Syrian Philosopher who wrote about Jesus.
- Within their work we can “Confirm that Jesus lived in Judea, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, and has followers who were persecuted for their faith in Christ.”
A modern historian view.
- Today’s historic view has not change. Jesus is still viewed as a teacher, who performed miracles and was crucified under Pontius Pilate.
- The historical evidence that Jesus walked this earth and changed history is being discovered more and more each day along with Archeological finding that resent that era of time.
Now that you have an historical perspective of Jesus, let’s now go over the traditional religious view of Jesus.
- View Jesus as a Rabbi with influential teaching, had followers and was crucified.
- They deny the resurrection, that He was the Son of God and the Messiah.
- View Jesus as a Prophet and born of the Virgin Mary.
- Deny that He was crucified, resurrection and that He is the Son of God.
- Within their Koran.
- View Jesus as the Son of God, crucified and resurrected.
- The first Christian were Jews.
- Jesus Himself was a Jew
- There is a Jewish group today that are called Messianic Jew. Their view of Jesus is the same as Christianity.
Let’s finish by looking at Jesus from the view from sacred text called the Tanakh, known as the Jewish scriptures. (Holy Bible)
- The Tanakh is the Jewish sacred text. In the Bible it is the Old Testament. Made up of 39 books from Genesis to Malachi, the bible New Testament made of 27 books. The New Testament Four Gospel Matthew, Mark, Luke and John write about Jesus. Matthew and John was disciple of Jesus. While Mark was young and could not be a direct disciple of Jesus, but was a witness to His Life and Luke was Physician/ Doctor he also investigate the Life of Jesus to give a carefully and orderly account.
- Jesus fulfilled more the 300 Prophecy in the Tanakh/Old Testament.
- Statistically speaking that 1 in 100, 000, 000, 000, 000/ 10 to the 17 power.
- I am only going to mention three.
- His lineage
- In the book of Genesis Chapter 49:10 said that He would come from the tribe of Judah.
- In the GENEALOGY in the Gospel of Matthew Chapter 1:1-8 confirms that Prophecy.
- From Genesis to Matthew was a time lap of over 2,000 year.
- His birth place.
- In the book of Malachi Chapter 5:2 said that He would be born in Bethlehem.
- In the book of Matthew Chapter 2:1-6 confirm that Prophecy.
- From Malachi to Matthew was a time lap of 400 year.
- His conception.
- In the Book of Isaiah Chapter 7:14 said that He will be born of a virgin.
- In the book of Matthew Chapter 1:22-23 confirms that Prophecy.
- From Isaiah to Matthew was a time lap of over 700 year.
Jesus was a real person that walked this earth and continues to influence the human race with his life and teaching. Historically Jesus was believed to be a man who performed miracles, was a wise men and was crucified under Pontius Pilate. Traditional religious perspectives have their differences views but all view Jesus as a real person. We saw Jesus is the Sacred text of the Jewish writing that Jesus fulfilled more than 300 prophesies.
I consider myself a disciple of the life and teaching of Jesus. I hope you feel informed of the facts and now have a balanced view of Jesus.